Monday, August 4, 2008

MTV Asia Awards

Ok Well i'm going to try and keep this blog post short as I tend to have an tendency to ramble. Lets see if I'm successful. 

So I went up to Genting for the MTV asia awards recently and had a blast for the most part of it. A lot of confusion going on and the bad planni
ng for the event was very apparent.




I will give them props for the room the gave me to stay in for 3 days. Not he typical first world hotel pigeon hole. It was actually pretty decent.
I went to the press confrence and came to know pretty quickly Malaysian press either don't follow instructions very well like to do whatever the hell they want.








 It was pretty chaotic and Denise and Ut had to control the press several times when they were asking questions. Among the artist that came that day were.


Jated Leto- 30 seconds to Mars
Pussycat dolls
Loana Lewis
The Script
The Click 5
Panic at the disco
Super Junior (The biggest boy band on the planet. Korean. They had this really weird chant thing that they did which I thought was kind of gay actually. Thats just me though)
Jabawookeez (best dance crew in the states)

I admit I was kind of Starstruck having all those huge ce
lebs right in front of me. I took videos of most of them. Hopefully I will be able to upload em soon.

Next day was the actual awards and I got so called VIP tickets to watch it. Some people approached me at the gate to ask if I had extra tickets. I said no. Much later I found out that the tickets were not for sale and th starting price for the normal tickets was 1.5k. The VIP tickets were 2K+. If I had known that I would been my kiasu self and said screw the awards. I'll watch the delay from the pressroom. My only consolation was that the ones that asked me were kids. I doubt they would have had the money. Or would they? I dunno. 
After the awards there was an after party but only the really thick faced media would be going as we were not invited. Security was pretty tight. Even I had trouble accessing certain areas.
At the end though the media kinda had our own after party at Starbucks. Haha. trying to cheer ourselves up i guess. Thats pretty much how it ended. 

I net day I did something I thought I would never do. I went shopping in Genting. It really weird some stuff there is cheaper than KL. I have no friggin idea why.

I hope they have it in Kl again next year. However since this year was not exactly smooth we'll have to wait and see.

So was it short? Oklah kan.. haha

No comments: